Saturday, April 13, 2013

Activist

James signed his first petition at school. The after school daycare program banned all electronics after a minor incident. (They told me that a young girl reported seeing something "inappropriate" on an ipad. After an investigation it was nothing but they decided electronics weren't worth the constant monitoring.)

The kids were outraged, especially the older ones who have ipads. This also affects James' Leapster game system, so he joined their petition to bring back electronics.

 

One of the kids signed my name, probably because I showed interest in what they were doing. I quickly scratched out "Mom" because I really do support the ban.

 

We had noticed too much screen time. We are glad. We hope that with improving weather the kids will actually get outside to PLAY!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment