Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Jamesy



Only I call James "Jamesy". I don't call him that often, just when we're being silly or cute. I guess I have a lot of nicknames for him- but they're all mine!

Tonight I put him to bed and it was a very fun, sweet bedtime. We read the Tickle Monster book and he insisted that I tickle him with the monster gloves, even after the book was done.

We always say "Sweet Dreams" (like my Mom used to say to us when we were little :) but tonight James wouldn't say it. He insisted on a HUGE hug first. He wouldn't let go. He told me, "I'm going to hug you forever. We're going to get married. And then we're going to stay around like this."

Sometimes I cry a little with happiness!

In that moment I had a little flash forward of James as a teenager. Whenever I see kids at my school get dropped off by their parent I ask them "Did you tell your Mom 'I love you' and give a kiss? You need to do that!" I hope I'm still getting the hugs when he is 12, 13, etc!

This picture is his newest Preschool picture. I stole a snapshot of it from the photographer's website. We are ordering the digital picture so we'll be sure to get copies to our family. NO worries but it may take a few weeks to get the CD files in the mail.

I'm in love with this picture. It is so him- the shy tilt of his head, the sparkle in his eyes. Ahhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment