Saturday, July 12, 2008

James, the flower child

James and I had a lovely morning, while Dada worked at home cleaning the garage and other things. We headed to the Mill City farmer's market in Minneapolis. I had read that the market has almost all organic and natural products. We bought: raspberries, cilantro, green onions, zucchini, spinach, and the most beautiful bouquet of flowers. I also tried some fair trade, organic coffee from Guatemala. I bought Jim a coffee chocolate brownie (mmm) and some homemade caramels. James was the hit of the market and received many compliments because he was so cute holding a zucchini with its flower still attached. It was a great, natural toy :) I was surprised to see my former Mpls principal at a stand. His wife has 90 garden plots throughout Mpls and has a booming business at the farmers markets in the area. He was the one who gave James the zucchini, and then we had to buy some more :)

Oh, I also bought some homemade organic soap and some facial cleanser with olive oil, lavender, and rosemary. It smells heavenly!

So I am trying this whole "green" thing out. I don't want to be obsess over it, but I have been wanting to change to natural cleaners and beauty products. I worry about all the chemicals (especially around James). So I'm just changing just a few things- like soap, some organic foods, and recycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment