Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

I think we've had weeks of Halloween build-up. I'm glad the day finally arrived! James has his first Halloween celebration at "school" on Friday. His class had a Halloween party and he wore his costume. These are probably the best posed pictures from daycare.


Yup, cheapest Halloween costume ever!


On Saturday we met up with his Tia Kiki for a Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) celebration at the History Center. I'm so glad to start this Mexican tradition with James. He didn't get it this year, and really I'm just learning too, but anything Mexican that I can incorporate into our family culture is nice.

Tonight, the actual Halloween day, we waited until it was dark to gather James up for his big Halloween trick or treating. Actually, we waited until the football game was over and the first trick or treaters signalled the beginning of the night.
One of the first trick or treaters was one of my high school friends and his kids! It caught me by surprise. My friend Joe C. lives in Lino Lakes, I guess, and he was with a HUGE group of kids and adults. The adults were walking but the kids were on a four wheeler trailer with hay bales. It looked like a lot of fun for the kids!
Our front steps:

I didn't realize my camera's flash was off for the first dozen pictures. The pictures get better below.



A neighbor's pumpkin-


Another one-

We had to do many costume adjustments. Yup, wardrobe malfunctions.







One neighbor's house was VERY spooky. Lots of fog, tombstones, a dropping spider...





We were all holding hands and talking about how much fun we were having :)

This pumpkin wasn't feeling so well.
Impressive pumpkins!
James was very proud of his loot! He didn't notice but I emptied half of his pumpkin before it got into the house. I just didn't want him eating it all. I ended up putting it in our candy bowl for the trick or treaters. A three year old doesn't need THAT much candy.
Our pumpkins. Star Wars, of course! R2D2, a tie fighter, and an AT-AT.
"Trick or treat! Smell my feet! Give me something good to eat!" James' friend Russell taught him that at school :)

No comments:

Post a Comment