Saturday, October 9, 2010

We are in love with fall!

It's a beautiful fall. The colors, the weather, OMG. We usually hit a pumpkin patch/farm and we knew this would be the perfect day for it. We started at our breakfast spot, where James wolfed down many pancakes and applesauce. The pumpkin farm opened at 10am and we were there very promptly at 10am.

James started out with smiles! Beautiful, happy smiles.


A friendly cow.


Oooooh! A sandbox with lots of dump trucks. So fun.



Pedal tractors. James sat on one but refused to pedal.









Daddy is a troll!!


Hay maze.



This is when things started to fall apart. James refused to stand by the sign. Fine. It was a big deal to me because he's stood next to this sign for the last few years, and I wanted to make a photo comparison. But then he started to be a little defiant. We carried on.



Excitement to be on the tractor's wagon. We are going to the actual pumpkin patch to find a nice pumpkin!






Yay! James found a perfect little pumpkin. He insisted that we'd make pumpkin pie with it.



I stopped taking pictures after that. James had a little breakdown and we ended up leaving soon after. We went home for lunch and a late nap. The nap did a lot of good.
Lunch: James wanted pumpkin pie. Of course, that little pumpkin was NOT a pie pumpkin. I pretended to cook it but I opened up a can of pumpkin. Sneaky Mommy. I mixed a little pumpkin with Greek yogurt, a little sugar and cinnamon, and then topped it with applesauce. James loved it! I also made a tortilla/turkey sandwich with a pumpkin cookie cutter.

James has been shy about posing with his Bat Hat. I caught him off guard and snapped this picture at lunch.


After lunch we started to decorate the outside of our house with ghosts, a giant spider, spiderwebs, and other little decorations. I love these ghosts. I've always seen them on other houses and not really liked them. James' love of ghosts lately inspired me to buy the package of little ghosts and then decorate the tree with him.


After dinner we wanted to finish our idea of a perfect fall day (breakfast, pumpkin patch, great weather, etc.) with a campfire! And S'mores!



James liked the idea of toasting marshmallows but he didn't want one in his "chocolate sandwich". He ate his plain- just grahams and chocolate. Sounds good to me :)





Mmmmmmm.



Thanks for a great day, James :) I'm sorry that you had a tantrum but it happens when you're THREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment