Thursday, April 16, 2009

Awwww!

James is not a stuffed animal kid yet. I mean, he doesn't play with them or seem attached to any at this point. And we have TONS of them. They are just waiting for him... someday. But the other night he was saying goodnight to the few animals he likes (Sesame Street characters- Elmo, Ernie, Oscar, and Cookie) and he wanted the "teddy beh". He wanted MY teddy bear, Brownie! Brownie has been with me since I was three or four years old, given to me by my Uncle Juan. So now James has slept with Brownie for the past two nights. Its very cute. He lays on his stomach next to Brownie and when we put the blankets over him, he makes sure that they are on Brownie too. He's also offered his "Blankie" to Brownie. (That thing is NASTY.)

So I took this picture when I checked on James before MY bedtime. The blankets always fall off by that time so I quietly replace them. This time I made sure to cover Brownie too :)



Tuesday night. There is not a day that goes by without golf! Here is James headed down to the golf net. We were only there for a few minutes before he kept saying "Be right back" and trying to head back up the hill, to the house. I couldn't figure out why he wanted to head back inside so fast. So I kept asking him what he wanted and he kept saying "Butta". I thought he meant the spray butter bottle that he likes to hold sometimes at the dinner table. It was so random and weird! So I was frustrated that we had hauled down all of the golf balls, a club, and a folding chair for me and James wanted to go back inside.



Turned out that he wanted his golf PUTTER! As soon as we got to the garage, he found his golf bag and pointed to the "Butta!" We went back down the hill to the golf net with the butta :)

On Wednesday night we finally tried out our bike trailer! James didn't mind it. But you can see that he insisted on holding his golf club and golf balls. Once or twice he dropped the balls inside the trailer and would strain against his seatbelt to reach them. He would cry and we'd think we would have to pull over, but he would suddenly say, "Got it!"





Thursday morning, headed to the "party". Jim tells James that he is going to a party each day, just to get him to put on his shoes and jacket. James gets very excited. Today he was chatting away, telling me about the presents and balloons. I hope he isn't too disappointed when we pull up to Sandra's!

No comments:

Post a Comment