Monday, April 13, 2009

Wowsa

Lots of pictures below. These first few are from my Culture Day at school/work. My students dressed in their cultural/traditional clothing and they also showcased their clothing in a Culture Parade (like a fashion show) during the school talent show. I was like a proud mama!



One of my new favorite students, a 6th grader named Melany. She wore clothing from Guatemala.











Back on the homefront...

James loves to say his name. In this picture I'm asking him "what's your name?" and he responds "James!" and taps his chest.



We've been to the park many times in the past few days. We've been taking nightly walks and we hit the park each time.









It was cold outside one morning and I couldn't find his usual brown knit hat. I found the penguin hat and was so happy to see it fit well and so cute!







James spied a bird and wanted to "catch it!"



For Easter Jim and I made these "cake pops" that looked like bunny heads. They were a lot of fun to make! I was so impressed that Jim had the patience to sit and help :)




Another trip to "play outside"! Its a constant demand :) We like it because it means less Dora on TV.

I finally got smart and made James carry his own balls. He likes to fill up the pail.









Because of James' obsession with golf, we thought a net would be a good investment. James (and Jim) can hit balls all they want in the backyard!















The real golf clubs came out! James loves them, though they are pretty heavy and harder for James to swing. He tries though!







There's nothing like "chocolate" pudding after a full night of golfing.



I love the picture below :)



The park AGAIN.





Easter at Grandma (Bucka) and Grandpa (Bucko)'s house in Shakopee! James received a basket from Grandma and a great book from Tia ChaCha and Tio Donkey. I love the book because it reminds me of my own childhood books- Richard Scarry!





James and Grandma would sneak off often to play and bounce on the bed.





Its time to hunt for eggs! I was amazed that James was willing to wear the ears again. I LOVE LOVE this picture!





Grandma very generously FILLED her eggs for James. I had sports themed eggs for James but I was a bit stingy with 1-2 M&M's in each egg.











James shared a jelly bean with Grandpa.



Bye Tio Donkey! I'll miss you!!



Grandma and James snuck off AGAIN to play.



Oh no! An owwwwie. Grandma kissed it and it was "all better!"





When we got home we had a visit from Grandma Laura and then another visit from Grandpa Roger and his friend Linda. Linda brought this bunny cake. It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment