Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Good Mama

I tried to be the best Mama I could be tonight. (I insisted Jim go to pool tonight, since he skipped last week.) From the minute we got home from daycare, it was all about James. We played. We went outside and played. We read books. We ate the same food- leftovers and PB&J. We read some more books. We colored. We played with his cups and other objects. We watched 15 minutes of TV only, right before bedtime. James fussed at going upstairs, and he fussed some more in the bath, but I got him to giggle as I tickled him and put on his lotion. Or "otion" as he calls it.

Oh, I can only remember James peeing one other time in the bath, but he did it tonight. He actually TOLD me and I looked down to see him pee slightly. He said, "Poop, Mama" and he peed standing up. I continued to rinse him off and didn't make a big deal of it. I actually thought it was cute that he told me.

Here are just a few pictures from outside. I didn't get too many pictures because it was just me with James outside. I also need to live in the moment a bit more! I didn't capture James on the sled. I pulled him up and down the driveway- it slopes a little and if I ran down, we hit a nice slope and James would say "Weeeee!"







James giggled when I picked up snow and threw it at him.



I need to go and watch more inauguration footage and cry with happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment