Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sleep update

Well, the penguin humidifier did work!!! For one night... James slept through the night on Sunday and we were thrilled. We hoped it would continue but it did not. He woke up several times on Monday and Tuesday, but not as bad as the week before. We've had some crabby toddler issues right before bedtime- he hates his teeth brushed and has been less enthusiastic about bedtime and baths. Last night was the worst screaming I have heard and at bathtime! I was so surprised. I could hear Jim struggling to give James his bath last night, so I went up and we ended up tag teaming to get his pajamas on him and then calm him down for night-night. The two of us worked well as a team, but it was so frustrating! Where is our happy boy?!

Last night James woke up twice a little bit after bedtime, and then again at 10:30. We had just fallen asleep ourselves and we thought, OH NO, its going to be a long night! But James slept peacefully through the rest of the night. Wasn't too bad, but sleep issues are still present.

Food issues are still with us too. He's been refusing the toddler appropriate foods I put in front of him, not really eating any meats or vegies. We gave up on the gummy vitamins (too chewy and tough), the vitamin drops were horrid tasting, and so now we have the First Flinstones that are chewable. James likes to play and throw them while in his highchair. I finally smashed one to powder and snuck it in his applesauce. Yay! James got some vitamins yesterday! I won't worry so much about the eating, but I'll still try, if I can continue this.

Well, we're doing the best that we can. James is a happy boy otherwise!

James had some creative play last night. He grabbed this little jar of au jus from the pantry and pretended to mix a drink in his Elmo cup. We are saying it is chocolate milk, but I'm thinking he's a future DrinkMaster for our parties.

I had to upload this video differently because I'm at work, on my lunch break.

No comments:

Post a Comment