Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend stuff

I baked cookies last week for the secretaries at my school. The cookies were called Coconut Butter Thins- a coconut shortbread with lime zest and chopped almonds. They were really good. Really, I took the whole batch to work! They were too tempting to have at home :)



On my Friday "off" I took James to visit a daycare center. It was a really good day for him. They let him experience an older kids' room because when he starts in the fall, he would be with these particular teachers. So the kids were all older than him by like 4-6 months. They are independent little things! At breakfast, they serve themselves. James sat among them and was NOT patient enough to wait- he was hungry! The other kids called him out on eating before they were allowed to (they all had to wait for everyone to be served) but the ladies told the kids that James was new and didn't know the rules yet. It was very cute.

After breakfast there was independent play. James played solo but loved all the new (to him) toys.





I watched him play for a while, but I really was waiting for him to poop so I could change his diaper before leaving him alone with the daycare. The daycare ladies told me to just go ahead and leave, they can take care of it. They actually wanted to see how he'd handle using the potty. So they took him to the bathroom to put him on the potty...





And they discovered he had already pooped and it had crept up his diaper on to his shirt! Yuck! He wasn't bothered at all that he had a poop incident. I quickly called Jim, who was working at home, to bring an extra shirt right over. The silly thing was that I had considered bringing a change of clothes but figured he was only going to be there for 2 hours or so. What could happen in two hours? Well... poop!

So James ran around shirtless for fifteen minutes. He didn't care!



On Saturday Jim put us to work. Mean Dada!



No, really Jim was cleaning the garage and I was watching James play outside. I figured we should help in some way so I grabbed the new little rake for James and asked him to "help". He was more than willing! He actually did help- he would use his rake to scoop up some dead grass and then put it in the wheelbarrow.







We have geese! A pair of geese have been visiting our pond (and yard) often. I know most people don't like geese visiting (with all their poop) but I think they are beautiful. I hope they nest so James can see the baby geese!



James had a great weekend full of golf and more golf. He really is quite obsessed. We hope to get James to a driving range soon- he will have a great time hitting balls! It is quite dangerous in our living room lately- balls are flying all over the place and the balls are everywhere!

On Sunday we met the Tauer family for brunch. James saw his Grandma Laura, his Grandpa Roger and his friend Linda, his Uncle Joe and his friend Lisa. Lots of people! James had a hard time adjusting to the new faces and place, we almost thought we were going to have to leave. He refused to sit and cried. I finally tempted him with some mini muffins and crackers. I think it also helped that we put him in a booster chair- he is such a big boy and doesn't need a highchair anymore! (Another big boy sign is that he refuses to wear a bib anymore.)

No comments:

Post a Comment