Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dreaming of cookies

James has been sleeping so much better. I will hate if I just jinxed us by writing that!

Last night I checked on James at about 10pm, right before I went to bed. He had rolled over, so his blankets were half under him and half on top of him. I gently pulled one of the blankets out and he rolled over slightly and mumbled, "Cookie..." I almost laughed out loud! I finished settling the blankets on him and he mumbled "Cookie.." again. So cute!

James must have had great dreams about cookies! He sure loves them. I think I've started a bad habit... Whenever we stop at Target for groceries or random items, he loves it. He will shriek "Target! Shopping! Cookie!" Yes, Target, like Cub Foods, gives a free cookie to kids. I take advantage of this most of the time because it helps keeps James busy in the cart while I shop. Sometimes I bring my own snack or I distract James with a random item (peanut butter jar or something like that) but the cookie is his favorite obviously!

We went shopping today at the mall. Jim had something to return to Macy's and I knew that James is growing out of his pants. The next size up is 3T and they seem SO LONG, but I know he'll grow into them in no time. He also needs some elastic waists because Sandra is teaching him to dress himself and be more independent. He doesn't do it for us, of course, but he is able to pull on his own pants, put on his boots, and put on his jacket! He does the neat trick of laying the jacket right side up, but upside down, he shoves his arms in the arm holes, and then flips the jacket up and over his head, and it falls into place. Its hard to describe and imagine, but it works.

So anyway, we found a few pants and then I also remembered that Grandma Julie had sent some sporty 3T pants, so I think we're good for a bit. We also found some VERY COOL spring/summer pajamas- STAR WARS LEGO! Wow! We would have paid almost anything for them, but lucky for us they were half off. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment